HSS Hire has a role for a Fitter/Engineer that may suit a qualified Defence Forces Veteran
At HSS Hire we have an exciting opportunity for a Fitter / Engineer to join our team. You will be given the opportunity to work for the largest tool hire provider in the country! With over 10,000 products, a forward-thinking culture and opportunity to develop with our wide variety of training courses that allow you to build the career of your choice.
We are open to skill set for this position so candidates from any mechanical background are welcome to apply!
As a Fitter / Engineer you will have the opportunity to service and repair our full range of hire equipment and tools; maintaining the quality, safety, reliability and availability of hire stock in a cost-effective manner.
In this role you will take responsibility for the routine service and maintenance of all hire equipment and products, carrying out the refurbishment of equipment and products where necessary and maintain and ensure maximum workshop productivity in line with company targets, ensuring product damage is highlighted to company guidelines on Health & Safety at Work.
Overall, your main duties will be to:
- Routine service and maintenance of all hire equipment and products including electrical testing where required
- Carry out the refurbishment of equipment and products where necessary
- Liaise with the Workshop Manager when spare parts are required to ensure cost-effective repairs
- Ensure service records are maintained and updated onto the in-house system (Spanner) and daily worksheets are populated
- Ensure that all equipment is cleaned to the highest standard ready for hire
- Always adhere to company guidelines on Health & Safety at work
- Ensure the workshop is safe, tidy, and organised at all times
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have experience in maintaining mechanical and electrical equipment, great communication skills and manual handling awareness skills. If you work in the Hire industry that’s great, if not that’s not a problem as long as you can demonstrate a sound understanding of the maintenance of the equipment we hire.
Experience working on power tools, diesel and 2/4-stroke petrol engines or experience with Mechanical/Electrical engineering is advantageous.
What do you get back?
We want to make your time at HSS as rewarding as possible! Here are just some of the benefits you have access to when you join:
- A wide range of training and development courses for example IPAF, to allow you to develop your role
- FREE Hire from our core range, with 50% off for friends and family
- Claim cashback on health and wellbeing (that’s anything from a dental check to a massage!)
- Car hire discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount with the Three network
- Holiday allowance increased to 25 when you hit 5 years of service
- Full work wear and PPE provided with a full induction on entry to your new position, covering everything from Health and Safety to the ins and outs of your role
At HSS, we prioritise inclusivity and diversity. This is why we are committed to attracting, recruiting and supporting candidates and colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds. This helps us to facilitate a rich mix of culture and experience across the entire Group, ensuring mental and physical wellbeing remain at the forefront of work force.
Please send your CV to email@example.com, or for more information on the role contact the recruiter directly.
Internal Recruiter HSS Hire
Mobile: 07464 657513