The Danish Embassy in Ireland currently has a role suitable for a Defence Forces Veteran.
Vacant position as combined chauffeur and administrative officer at the Embassy of Denmark in Dublin.
Are you a dedicated, loyal, flexible and service-minded person? Are you good at adapting to different kinds of tasks in a dynamic international working environment?
Then you might be our new colleague at the Royal Danish Embassy.
The Embassy of Denmark in Dublin is currently looking for an experienced driver to assist the Embassy. Working time is roughly shared equally between driving for the Ambassador/staff and responsibility for practical and administrative tasks as one of several administrative officers.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Chauffeur for the Ambassador
* Driving with staff to and from meetings and airport pick-ups/driving delegations, as well as errands to e.g. bank, post office etc.
* Maintenance and servicing of the official car, including relevant paperwork for diplomatic cars (registration, insurance, tax refunds etc.)
* Clerical work, such as reception duties, security, cashier & accounting, negotiating with vendors, procurement of office supplies/IT equipment, consular tasks, organizing visiting programmes for delegations, information research etc.
* Perform other duties as assigned, including in relation to functions and maintenance at the Embassy or Ambassador’s Residence
* Experienced driver with excellent driving skills – at least three years with impeccable driving record; professional driving experience in Dublin an advantage
* Experience with administrative tasks and customer service
* Technical knowledge of cars and IT skills
* Accuracy and ability to work independently as well as in teams
* Must be flexible with working hours, as evening driving will be required
*Previous embassy employment is an advantage
* Fluent in oral and written English; knowledge of a Scandinavian language an advantage but not essential
Terms and conditions:
* We offer a full-time permanent contract (37 hours per week) with a probationary period of three months.
* The recruitment is conditioned upon a security clearance by the Danish authorities
* Salary is according to qualifications and aligned with Irish public sector salaries
* Employment date is September 16th, 2022 or soon after.
Please submit your application, including a cover letter with motivation, a complete CV, and letters of reference before August 22nd, 2022, at 10am. The application should be sent electronically in one pdf file to email@example.com. Please mark the email “Application Chauffeur/Admin, NAME” in the subject field.
Any questions should be directed to the Deputy Head of Mission, Nikolaj Mølsted Andersen per mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +353 1 475 6504. More info: https://irland.um.dk/en/about-us/vacant-positions
#DefenceForces #Veterans #Charity #Military #Team #Job #Vacancy #Hiring #Employment #Team #Work #Recruitment