Congratulations to all our members and volunteers as we celebrate our 72nd anniversary.
ONE was founded in Mansion House on 10 March 1951 and unified two comradery associations in to ONE:
- National Federation of Irish Ex-Servicemen.
- Association of Regular Ex-Servicemen.
ONE’s first National President was Lt General Michael Joseph Costello.
ONE’s original goals were:
- Comradeship – “maintenance of old bonds”.
- Facilitate work of the Army Benevolent Fund
ONE’s objects and aims can be summarised as SCAR: Support | Comradeship | Advocacy | Remembrance
ONE supports the needs of Irish veterans by the provision of accommodation to homeless and other veterans in need of such domestic accommodation in its Veterans’ Homes and the provision of other assistance to veterans through its nationwide network of Branches and Veterans’ Support Centres.
- To develop a spirit of comradeship among veterans, and between veterans and serving members of Óglaigh Na hÉireann.
- To foster public interest in Óglaigh Na hÉireann.
- To promote social and cultural activities.
- To advocate with the Department of Defence, Defence Forces, and other elements of national and local government on behalf of veterans.
- To maintain liaison with veterans’ organisations of other states.
- To remember those who served.
- To participate in national and local remembrance ceremonies.
To do all such other things as will assist in achieving the above objects and aims.
For more on the history of ONE visit here
To join ONE fill in the application form here
#DefenceForces #Veterans #Charity #SleepingFlags #HopeCouture #FuchsiaAppeal #SCAR #Support #Comradeship #Advocacy #Remembrance