On the 12th of August, Defence Forces Veteran Tracy Connolly and current member of ONE’s Board of Directors was presented with the first Brú uí Choileáin, Portrait Medal at Cork City’s Veterans Support Centre (VSC).
Tracy is pictured with Paddy Mulley the Secretary of the Cork City Branch presenting the medal.
ONE’s objects and aims can be summarised as SCAR: Support | Comradeship | Advocacy | Remembrance
ONE supports the needs of Irish veterans by the provision of accommodation to homeless and other veterans in need of such domestic accommodation in its Veterans’ Homes and the provision of other assistance to veterans through its nationwide network of Branches and Veterans’ Support Centres.
- To develop a spirit of comradeship among veterans, and between veterans and serving members of Óglaigh Na hÉireann.
- To foster public interest in Óglaigh Na hÉireann.
- To promote social and cultural activities.
- To advocate with the Department of Defence, Defence Forces, and other elements of national and local government on behalf of veterans.
- To maintain liaison with veterans’ organisations of other states.
- To remember those who served.
- To participate in national and local remembrance ceremonies.
To do all such other things as will assist in achieving the above objectives and aims.
To join ONE fill in the membership application here