The US Embassy Dublin is hiring 3 X Security Guards that would suit Defence Forces Veterans
Salary: EUR €32,517* – The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week). This position carries a twenty-four-hour liability and staff are required to work a roster arrangement at various locations. *Shift allowance is payable for evening and weekend shifts.
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorisation and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Provides security services to safeguard U.S. Government personnel and property. The incumbent is required to perform security guard duties as per written instructions at fixed posts and conduct roving patrols at all U.S. Embassy facilities. The incumbent is required to provide security services to instigate early warnings of impending danger to employees and dependents and will also assist local law enforcement authorities by identifying threats, both criminal and terrorist, directed at U.S. Government personnel and property.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Two years working experience in a responsible position with extensive public contact and knowledge of access control.
- A working understanding of access control.
- A working understanding of local law enforcement agencies and authorities.
- Basic knowledge of routine building access procedures and some knowledge of/or the ability to learn diplomatic protocol.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The ability to work with the public in an efficient, courteous and firm manner.
- The ability to carry out several related tasks simultaneously.
- The ability to respond and take appropriate action during emergency situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Full, clean and valid driver’s license is required.
- Static Security PSA license is required.
- Completion of Secondary School or Local Mandatory Schooling and received high school diploma.
- Static Security PSA licence required – Basic Guarding Skills.
- English Level III – A good working knowledge of written and spoken fluency in English.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
To be considered for this position, your application must address each of the position requirements listed in the vacancy announcement (work experience, education, and language). Please include detail on specific duties, responsibilities, and achievements that address the requirements in the vacancy announcement and upload all applicable documents listed.
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust security clearance.
For more information, you can reach out to Defence Forces Veteran Ciaran Ready or email the Embassy DublinHR@state.gov
More info and online application here: https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=uxplb0zbpt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=34851&orgId=38